1. Understanding your businessThe idea is to find out as much information about your business or organisation, as well as establish the objectives. Target audience is a key area so it is important to understand who the website will be used by. For example the objectives of the site may include raising the profile, help generate leads or provide an effective information resource for users.
2. Design Research
A considerable time is spent looking at competition within your industry, and looking for inspiration from other websites and projects.
Finding the correct image for your business is vital part of the project and first impression for users - time is allocated for this reason. As a strong believer in planning, your concept will be mapped out from start to finish always working to the next stage to ensure a prompt delivery.
Design research is generally work that is carried out behind the scenes in order to achieve the next stage.
3. Concept Development
A bespoke design will be developed and presented for you to use as your online presence.
It is important to get the correct design as it will be judged by your target audience, and help generate leads for you.
Each concept is a custom design and never a ‘template’, I believe forcing a company in to an ‘off the shelf’ template doesn’t work - or more importantly, have the desired impression on users.
4. Concept presentation
You can expect to see the concept in a pdf format.
Any changes will be made or remade until you are 100% happy with the proposed design layout
The idea is to get a concept that you are happy for it to represent your business, so any changes will be made as requested - once the design is signed off it will be built in to a web format for you.
5. Building of Web Structure
Once the design is signed off the web build will begin, transferring a graphic concept in to a fully functional web format.
All structural parts, navigation and images will be applied at this stage, ready for content to be applied at a later stage.
6. Hosting of Website FilesThe website needs to be hosted in order for people to access your website.
7. Browser and Functionality Testing
The site will be tested in various browsers and functionality will be checked for usability.
This is to ensure the user experience is positive.
8. Population of Content and Functionality
The content provided for the site will be applied to all the individual pages.
The options are your text and images can be provided by yourself or this can be arranged for you (at an additional cost).
The site will be set up, so it will be in a position for you to take a look.
This way you can experience the initial impression with all aspects in place.
9. Snagging & Revisions
At this stage the website is presented to you before going live.
You can expect to have a temporary link for you to view the website on your computer.
The site can be checked and you can confirm before we go live to the public.
10. Go live and search engine notifications
Once the website goes live, Google will be notified by a number of signals.
This will be put in place prior to going live - to speed up the process for google to find your website and in turn help users using search engines
11. Website Tracking
Websites will be tracked, and many detailed statistics about your website's traffic and sources can be accessed at any point.
These stats can include visitors, visitor locations, time spent on site, flow of pages visited and much more.
The idea of tracking is so you can instantly monitor the websites performance and use this data to help with your websites progression.
12. Security installationAs well as the already provided hosting security and support, additional measures are provided and your site is applied with a 3rd party security scanner that observes the site every 3 hours, and will fix any issues if they are to arise.
More information on security for our websites >
Ongoing Maintenance and Support
Looking for ongoing relationships there are may options available for your website, as your business grows so should your website.
There are a range of options available but always happy to assist clients with any queries.Find out more about our website maintenance plans